Friday, January 17, 2014

Flowers in Winter, Or Always

It had been a while since we layered up and hiked into the woods, just a little amble through the Michaux. The kids were cute and held hands and fell down a few times. 


Winter is always a mental challenge for me because there is so little green and so much brown. But there were still moments of beauty among the pervasive brownness of the woods at this time of year. 


But still, look at the flowers!


I liked getting lost in the reflection of this little pool...


...and in a pile of rocks. I'm wondering how closeup my camera will go?


And then at the end, some old dessicated pumpkins made a nice arrangement. 
The woods surprised me with more than I expected. I wonder, if I walked forward with delight,
how often I would see flowers everywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment