Tuesday, April 17, 2012

108/366 Like It Says On My Road ID, Now Is The Time!


So far this month has been crazy, full of people falling ill and people falling out of trees. I'm pretty freaked out. What if I don't get the chance to work on my bucket list, or even to make a bucket list? I have started to worry about the house burning down when we are at work. I have figured out that our young lady L will not always be little, although it makes me very happy to see her effortless wonder and joy. She reminds me to be silly. ...that it is ok to run around the house like a madwoman with a baby blanket around your shoulders like a cape ... that sometimes you are supposed to name tadpoles Lily, Rose, and Lily Rose. At bedtime she still wants a story and a snuggle, and when she falls asleep holding my hand it makes me want to cry with sweetness. 

I didn't mean for this post to be about the kid, but that's where it ended up. I guess I am taking from this the the idea of paying attention to what is in front of you, every day, even the smallest things. Maybe especially the smallest things. 

picture borrowed from the plum village website

No comments:

Post a Comment